About Space & Roses
A tiny rose garden, floating in space
Runs Plume 0.3.0
Hi, I'm Jennie!
Welcome to my Plume instance. There are many like it, but this one is ours!
Plume is a federated blogging platform (you're in the fediverse right now!) where you can post great things, and follow good people. If you'd like to join send me a message at @firstname.lastname@example.org, and I'll send you an invite. Or if you know me in person just ask, I'll be thrilled if you ask for an account :)
My hope is for this community garden to be a small writing circle for friendly people who want to express themselves creatively. I have no particular goals for what that will mean in practice.
While we're here, keep in mind that I have the power to delete any post, blog, or user I don't like. I'm never going to want to do that, but it's easy to imagine a scenario where I'd be morally obligated to. So, just so we're all on the same page, these are the rules that I'm respectfully asking everyone to follow:
- Any content that is illegal to host in the United States is not allowed on this site.
- Don't harass people! Bullying, dog-piling, doxxing, or any persistent unwelcome interactions, are not allowed.
- Do not use this site as a platform to uphold twisted social hierarchies. No racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, classism, nationalism, ablism, etc.... — Bigots get the wall.
- * Several people are typing *
- Q: Why do you hate free speech so much?
- A: Defending free speech means standing up for people when society seeks to silence them, so they can have their voices heard. Bigotry and hate diminish the speech of oppressed people far worse than banning racism will ever diminish the speech of white people. I have two options here: I can tell bigots to shut the fuck up because they create a space where certain people aren't free to express themselves, or I can tell marginalized people to shut up because I'm happy allowing bigotry on my platform. It would be dishonest of me to feign neutrality when I know I can't do neither of those things. So, since it's literally impossible to not pick a side, I'm choosing the obviously right side.
- Q: I guess that means you'll ban people for making fun of straight white men too, right?
- A: Look, it's not my fault straight white guys can't stop acting like that.
- In general: Please respect the dignity and autonomy of your fellow human beings.
- Advocating or defending Capitalism — including the wage system, rent-seeking, and private property — is *extremely* tiresome, and frankly embarrassing. This one isn't a rule, I just want to make sure bootlickers get the memo :)
- If you're a cop, you have to tell me.
- No. Advertising!