About Space & Roses
A tiny rose garden, floating in space
Hi, I'm Jennie!
Welcome to my Plume instance. There are many like it, but this one is ours!
Plume is a federated blogging platform (you're in the fediverse right now!) where you can post great things, and follow good people. If you'd like to join send me a message at @email@example.com, and I'll send you an invite! Or if you know me in person / have my email, I'll probably be thrilled if you ask for an account!
My hope for this community garden is to cultivate a small writing circle for friendly people who want to express themselves creatively. I have no particular goals for what that will mean in practice :)
The sky's the limit out here in space! There are no rules while I'm in charge!
I'm lying, of course there are rules!
While we're here, keep in mind that I have the power to delete any post, blog, or user I don't like. I'm never going to want to do that, but it's easy to imagine a scenario where I'd be morally obligated to. So, just so we're all on the same page, these are the rules that I'm respectfully asking everyone to follow:
- Any content that is illegal to host in the United States is not allowed on this site.
- Don't harass people! Dog-piling, bullying, doxxing, or any persistent unwelcome interactions, are not allowed.
- Do not use this site as a platform to uphold any twisted social hierarchies. The rule is the same whether it's about: race, sex, sexuality, gender identity, religion, class, nationality, ability, mental health, etc.... — Bigotry will get you cancelled.
- * Several people are typing *
- Q: Why do you hate free speech so much?
- A: Defending free speech means standing up for people who are silenced by hate. I can choose to tell bigots to shut up because they are creating an unsafe space that silences marginalized, or I can tell marginalized people to shut up because I don't mind the bigots. There's no way for me to do neither, and feigning neutrality would be dishonest. Since it's literally impossible not to pick a side, I'm picking the obviously right one.
- Q: I guess that means you'll ban people for making fun of straight white men too, right?
- A: Hey, it's not my fault straight guys can't stop acting like that.
- In general: Please just respect the dignity and autonomy of your fellow human beings, okay?
- Advocating or defending Capitalism — including the wage system, rent-seeking, and private property — is *extremely* tiresome, and frankly embarrassing. This one isn't a rule, I just wanted to make sure everyone got the memo :)
- If you're a cop, you have to tell me.
- No. Advertising!